Every tattoo marks a change. Not only to the body, but also to the person itself. They also mark an endpoint. A conclusion of a collaboration between the client and the artist. We strongly believe that these unique journeys and their visual results are part of a rite of passage, in a sense. A mark of growth. Whether a tattoo is created for a meaningful reason, or just because it is aesthetically pleasing, at Taghato we handle each project with care and attention.
Taghato is a small studio specializing in custom dotwork, geometry and blackwork tattoos. You can find us in the town of Hoevelaken in the middle of the Netherlands. We operate according to the health regulations of the Dutch GGD and have a license to prove it. You can also find us and useful information about safe tattooing right here (Dutch only). As we are a appointment only studio we do prefer you get in touch with us first before coming over for a consultation or to get a tattoo. You can do so using one of our contact options.
the way we work
If you want to get a tattoo by Taghato, simply get in touch and we’ll make it happen. But there are a few rules:
- You need to be 18+.
- You need to have an appointment to get tattood or to have a personal consultation.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of style of work we do and are willing to get work done in those styles (dotwork, geometry, blackwork, blackout, blastover, linework).
- If you are requesting a custom design and have references, please provide them. The more information we have, the better we can design a tattoo that is what you are looking for.
- There is a minimum charge of €75,- for a tattoo. This is also the deposit you will have to pay when setting up the final tattoo appointment.
- Details about any project will be discussed with you after our initial contact and we will make sure you have the best experience we can offer.
- Don’t be an idiot. So don’t come to a tattoo session drunk or high. But rather well rested, with a full stomach and good spirits.
At Taghato we provide handpoke tattoo. While most people have at least some expectations of electric tattoos (with a tattoo machine), there’s still a lot of hesitation with regards to handpoked work.
In short, we use a tool that holds the needle. We dip the needle in ink and poke it trough your skin. Repeat as much as needed to complete the image.
There’s really not much more to it. So what’s the main differences between this and a ‘regular’ machine tattoo? Well handpoke hurts less, traumatizes the skin far less and heals a lot faster. It does take a bit more time though. Well it might. We’ll tell you all about it during the consultation.